How may I receive personal care assistance?

2017-12-20T01:42:39+00:00December 20th, 2017|, |

Your county public health nurse will arrange for an assessment and help you learn more about PCA options available, including types of agencies that provide personal care assistance services and how to hire your own staff. For more information about PCA services, call us at 651-644-7037 or contact one of our Community Liaisons who can [...]

What services can a personal care assistant provide?

2017-12-20T01:43:37+00:00December 20th, 2017|, |

Personal care assistance services must be medically necessary and ordered by a physician. A person must need help to complete activities of daily living, have health-related tasks or need observation and redirection of behavior to use these four categories of services: • Activities of daily living (includes eating, toileting, grooming, dressing, bathing, transferring, mobility and [...]

Do I qualify for PCA services?

2017-12-20T01:11:17+00:00December 20th, 2017|, |

Personal Care Assistant(PCA) services may qualify for a recipient who are enrolled in Medical Assistance, a MCO (managed care organization), Minnesota Care expanded benefits, (AC) Alternative Care, or a waiver program. For more information about our PCA services, call us at 651-644-7037 or contact one of our Community Liaisons. Our community Liaisons can help you [...]

What is PCA Services?

2017-12-20T00:58:03+00:00December 20th, 2017|, |

The personal care assistance program provides services to persons who need help with day-to-day activities to allow them to be more independent in their own home.  A personal care assistant is an individual trained to help persons with basic daily routines. A PCA may be able to help you if you have a physical, emotional [...]